*THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE*
*THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITHOUT WARRANTY*
*Free - No Ads*
AndrOCR is an app for optical text recognition (OCR) supporting 30+ languages. The character recognition doesn't need an internet connection! It's executed locally on your device!
Take a photo of a paper document from your device and AndrOCR will read the text in it for you! Then you'll be able to copy/paste it wherever you want (Email, SMS, Text Editor, etc...).
But AndrOCR does more! It allows you to:
- translate the recognized text with Bing Translator (30+ languages supported)
- quickly search your text on Google Maps (i.e. try to take a picture of a road sign)
- pronounce your text with speech synthesizer (Text To Speech). Five languages supported: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German.
AndrOCR is free with no Ads and it will be forever. Please consider to make a donation (I'll let you know how in the future).
Please send me an email for any problem, bug... Or submit translation. I want to make AndrOCR better and I need your help!
- Please don't try to recognize text in photos taken from computer monitors or to recognize text in screenshots. The OCR engine can't work with them.
- Please note that Bing Translator is a limited service: AndrOCR application can freely translate 1 million characters per month. Please don't abuse.
- UI not optimized for Tablet Devices. Support coming soon.
- Compatibility problem with the Image Cropper default app on some devices.
This product includes open source software released under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html).
tess-two library is open source software written by Robert Theis. The source code is available from https://github.com/rmtheis/tess-two
tesseract-ocr is open source software written by Ray Smith
and others. The official project page is http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/
microsoft-translator-java-api is open source software written by Jonathan Griggs. The source code is available from http://code.google.com/p/microsoft-translator-java-api/
The application icon is derived from http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hypercube.svg
Logo Font: Droid Logo by ei8htohms